Declaration Officer Job in NairobiJobs and Careers 07:47
Roles and Responsibilities
· Preparing export documents.
· Sending the above to the clearing agent for lodgments on the same day.
· Tracking shipments, updating on arrival information and ensuring correct shipping documentation.
· Following up on the verification of all exports with the customs offices.
· Undertake all declaration procedures for imports and exports.
· Application of Import Declaration Forms for all shipment.
· Making sure bond returns are done on time
· Receive incoming materials for the bond
· Maintaining a proper record of all shipments in the bonded warehouse
· Sending required import documents for clearance on time
· Bonds management and cancellation procedures
· Application of standardization stickers where applicable
· Make sure that all the records are up to date with respective office of the customs department
· Following up with the warehousing approval.
· Liaise with suppliers for timely shipments, follow up for documents to be received and goods cleared well in time to avoid late documentation charges, storage charges and demurrages.
· Follow up correspondence between various statutory bodies and other parties including KRA, KBS, KPA, etc.
· Ensure correct use of Kenya Revenue Authority Tariffs.
· Ensure that correct values are used during declaration and other related procedures to avoid losses that may accrue because of penalties.
· Establish and maintain a working relationship with customs office.
· Making sure inspections and speed governors are renewed on time
· Applying for KEBS exemption for raw materials, spares and machines
· Following up with KEBS standardization permits
· Applying marine cover notes
Qualification and Experience
· Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding
· A Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the same capacity
· Highly conversant with KRA Simba system and Orgus (will be an added advantage)
· Must have knowledge of government procedures relating to imports and exports knowledge of customs laws pertaining to Kenya, east and central Africa.
· Possess a high degree of integrity, honesty and confidentiality
To apply, send your CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before close of business 20th November, 2016.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and salary expectation on the subject lineNB: Flexi Personnel does not charge candidates for job placement.