Personal Assistant Job in KenyaJobs and Careers 02:54
Job Summary: A personal assistant (PA) works closely with senior managerial or directorial staff to provide administrative support, usually on a one-to-one basis and often act as the manager's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organization.
PAs help managers to make the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing
- arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate
- Identify, anticipate and prepare information requirement of the CEO for meetings, appointments, presentations and follow up inward and outwards requests for information, outstanding reports and correspondence.
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority
- organizing and maintaining the CEO’s calendar or diaries and making appointments
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager
- Arrange meeting rooms for internal and external meetings as requested, and in advance for recurring meetings
- Schedule team meetings, prepare agenda and draft minutes
- carrying out background research and presenting findings
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
- organizing and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings
- Liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines
- exceptional written and oral communication skills
- excellent word processing and IT skills, including knowledge of a range of software packages
- ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- good organizational and time management skills
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
- ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely
- excellent interpersonal skills
- ability to work on your own initiative
- honesty and reliability
- attention to detail
Education and Experience
- degree in management, administration, public relations secretarial studies or any other business related course
- Five years or more of experience supporting executive level, preferably in a non-profit organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms
Interested and qualified candidates should their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating the position on the subject line.
All applications should reach us by 5th October 2016