NGO Jobs in Kenya - ICAPJobs and Careers 04:22
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Kenyan Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at County and Sub County health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position which is available:
Job Title: Technical Advisor - HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor-HIV Prevention,Care & Treatment is a member of the senior regional management team and will oversee programmatic activities and site support at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) for efficient delivery of quality services.
- To oversee the planning, initiation and implementation of HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment services at JOOTRH
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of TB/HIV activities at JOOTRH
- To provide technical support for the planning and implementation of provider-initiated counseling and testing activities at JOOTRH
- To provide on-going supervision of ICAP-supported HIV care and treatment programs
- To participate in training and mentorship of site facility staff
- To participate in designing programs to assist in monitoring and evaluation and ensuring quality assurance of HIV care and treatment programs
- To liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating the implementation of the program
- To prepare budgets, work plans, reports and other technical papers
- Degree in Medicine
- MPH, or an advanced relevant degree an added advantage
- 5 years of experience managing donor-funded health and/or HIV programs in the public sector
Job Title: Technical Advisor - PMTCT
Overall Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor-PMTCT will oversee the planning and implementation of PMTCT and HIV exposed Infant activities within Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) in collaboration with the Ministry of Health.
- Provide PMTCT technical support to JOOTRH
- Oversee the training of health care workers at JOOTRH on National PMTCT guidelines and protocols
- Strengthen referrals and linkages between MOH & JOOTRH
- Strengthen collaboration and linkages between PMTCT and HIV-Exposed Infants (HEI) activities at the MCH
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation systems for PMTCT and HIV exposed infants
- To participate in the County PMTCT technical working group in the Ministry of Health and National AIDS and STI Control Program (NASCOP)
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Medicine / Nursing / Diploma-Clinical Medicine or an equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in the implementation of PMTCT activities
Job Title: Technical Advisor - Voluntary Male Medical Circumcision (VMMC)
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Program Director, the Technical Advisor- VMMC will oversee implementation of the VMMC Program at JOOTRH
- Oversee the planning and implementation of VMMC program at JOOTRH
- Provide quality assurance and control for the VMMC program in line with national guidelines
- Provide technical support for quality assurance and quality improvement activities
- Coordinate procurement of equipment and consumables
- Coordinate training of staff using an approved curriculum
- Liaise with Ministry of Health officials and other stakeholders in coordinating implementation of VMMC
- Assist in any other duty that as may be assigned by the Director of Programs
- Degree in Medicine/Diploma in Clinical Medicine with relevant experience in implementation of VMMC Program
- Excellent planning and managerial skills
- Dynamic and willing to work under challenging conditions
- Experience in working with Ministry of Health systems
- Experience in community Development & Advocacy a major asset
Job Title: Mentorship Coordinator
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Technical Advisor- Training and Capacity Building, the Mentorship Coordinator is responsible for maintaining high standard of excellence in mentorship and support services to ensure the organization is well informed of the current relevant information to the program
- Planning, conducting and evaluating the mentor training sessions
- Provide on-going support and training to mentors
- Monitor the program, determine any unmet needs and modify the program to ensure effective mentorship support.
- Coordinating and facilitating the mentor program evaluation process
- Work in liaison with the Technical Advisor- Training and Capacity Building to facilitate mentor matching with protégés and confer with Program Director on the matching process & results
- Preparing and distributing publicity materials describing the mentorship program
- Periodic evaluation of the mentorship program by seeking suggestions from staff and supervisors and preparing recommendations for improvements
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor of Science / Diploma in Clinical medicine
- Masters in Public Health an added advantage
- At least three years’ experience in mentorship
Job Title: Health Informatics Systems (HIS) Programmer
Overall Job Function: The incumbent will work under the overall guidance of the Technical Advisor - Monitoring & Evaluation to provide technical support in system development, set up, testing, implementation, maintenance of a robust interoperable point of care (POC) EMR for use at Jaramogi Oginga Odinga Teaching & Referral Hospital (JOOTRH) to enhance monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities within the HIV prevention, care and treatment program in ICAP.
- Support patient electronic medical records (EMR) software design, development, implementation & maintenance
- Support server and SQL Database Administration (MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Development of Electronic MoH and clinical reporting modules in the facility EMR
- Develop a system manuals and SOPs for end users
- Capacity build & train hospital staff & program staff to optimally operate the facility EMR and required information systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or relevant field
- Experience in SQL database design and administration, server setup and maintenance (including networking and computer hardware maintenance)
- Experience in MOH M&E and in development and/or implementation of HIV-related EMRs (IQCare, C-PAD, OpenMRS/KenyaEMR) system development and/or implementation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to plan and manage simultaneous competing priorities with little supervision
Job Title: Quality Improvement Coordinator
Location: Kisumu with travel to targeted health facilities in Siaya County
Overall Job Function: Reporting to the Quality Improvement Advisor, the Quality Improvement Coordinator will help coordinate quality improvement activities ICAP-supported facilities in Siaya.
- Communicating performance deficits to ICAP program officers and implementing corrective measures to exceed targets
- Supporting program staff to communicate performance deficits and implementing corrective measures to exceed targets at ICAP-supported facilities
- Train and mentor Health Care Workers on Kenya Health Quality Improvement Framework model
- Coordinate implementation of quality improvement challenges and collaborative QI approaches in Siaya county
- Support in designing and supporting printing of QI improvement tools
- Degree in health sciences
- Masters in Public Health or Epidemiology
- Experience in project monitoring, and training an advantage
How to Apply
All applications including a current CV, telephone number and referees (either current or former supervisor) should be sent to:
The Director - Human Resources,
on or before October 14, 2016.
Do not send certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer