Financial Controller Job in Nairobi, Kenya (200K)Jobs and Careers 03:55
Our client, a renewable energy start up company, is looking for a Financial Controller for its offices in Nairobi.
He/She will be responsible for leading the finance division of the Kenya operations.
He/She should demonstrate mastery of accounting procedures and standards, strong understanding of financial reports and excellent cash management capabilities.
- Lead the quarterly budgeting process for the Kenya operations. Liaise with all Division Heads to gather input for the quarterly budget
- Lead the weekly budgeting process for all the counties of the Kenya operations
- Monitor cash inflow and outflow in Kenya
- Supervise the development of monthly financial accounts for the Kenya operations to a strict timetable
- Lead on financial reporting to key funders and working capital providers
- Lead the annual auditing process for the Kenya operations
- Ensure the company complies all PAYE, VAT and Tax return and reporting requirements
- Manage the Collections Officers Team of the Kenya operations
- Oversee the follow-up on at risk debts and decide on debts write-off
- Ensure weekly debt reports are developed accurately and sent on-time to County Managers
- Liaise with suppliers to place new product orders
- Manage stock, keep track of inflow and outflow of products and develop weekly inventory reports
- Bachelor degree in economics, business, finance or accounting ACCA or CPA finalist
- 7-9 years of experience in a financial services firm or an accounting firm
- Experience in cash management and developing financial reports
- Experience in equity and debt fundraising
- Experience in working in a credit collections department and procurement
- Strong commitment to processes and procedures.
- Capacity to work under minimum supervision and support
- Excellent time-management, organisation and leadership skills
- Good work ethics, professionalism and integrity
- Experience of cloud-based software, Xero
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 200,000 /= (Approx. 2,000 USD)
Deadline: 31st October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.