Data Analyst Job in KenyaJobs and Careers 04:23
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non - governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy-relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action to improve the lives of all Africans.
APHRC seeks to recruit a Data Analyst to manage and analyze secondary and primary data for an impact evaluation of an intervention that aims at reducing the incidence of HIV among adolescent girls and young women living in urban informal settlements in Nairobi, Kenya.
Primary quantitative data will be collected on Android-based tablets using Open Data Kit (ODK) software.
- Participate in the development, review and translation of research tools
- Participate in the pre-testing of the data collection platform
- Data cleaning including doing all required consistency checks for project data
- Document project data sets according to the Center’s guidelines on data documentation, archiving and sharing
- Extract data and prepare analytical files
- Develop template syntax files for research staff to use in creating various data sets
- Perform exploratory and advanced statistical analysis of data
- Assist in training other staff members on data analysis
- Participate in scientific writing.
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret large data sets
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in statistics or equivalent in a relevant area
- A minimum of 5 years relevant post-qualification experience
- High level quantitative skills (managing, analyzing and interpreting data), such as multivariate and longitudinal analyses (preferably with STATA)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft packages (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Experience using Open Data Kit (ODK) software and Nesstar is highly desirable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org by October 24, 2016.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center
P.O. Box 10787 – 00100
For more information about APHRC visit www.aphrc.org
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children