Chief Manager, Finance and Strategy Job Re-Advertisement in KenyaJobs and Careers 11:56
Career Opportunity Re-Advertisement
Chief Manager, Finance and Strategy
Job Ref: ICPAK 0013/2016
Job Ref: ICPAK 0013/2016
The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) which was established in 1978 is the professional organization for Certified Public Accountants in Kenya.
ICPAK draws its mandate from the Accountants Act No. 15 of 2008 and has been dedicated to the development and regulation of the accountancy profession in
Kenya so as to enhance its contribution and that of its members to national economic growth and development.
In its endeavour on institutional strengthening, ICPAK is seeking to recruit a dynamic, self-driven and results oriented individual to fit in a team that will propel it to a World Class Professional Accountancy Institute.
Job Summary: The Chief Manager Finance and Strategy (CFS) shall head the Finance and Strategy Division, advise the Chief Executive Officer on financial matters, financial risks, oversee the Institute’s short-term and long-term investment plans and their implementation and coordinate the development, monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the Institute’s Strategic Plan (SP) in ensuring the SP’s objectives are met at corporate level.
The role shall generally be responsible with oversight supervision of Finance, ICT, Facilities, Asset Management, Planning and Budgetary functions of the Institute.
Job Profile: The Chief Manager Finance and Strategy shall report to the Chief Executive Officer and shall perform the following duties and responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the development and implementation of corporate strategy
- Developing departmental work plans for monitoring strategy implementation
- Managing the day to day accounting/finance functions of the Institute
- Driving the annual planning and budgeting processes of the Institute including financial management and control.
- Overseeing the annual financial audit process.
- Planning and coordinating statutory compliance of the Institute
- Developing and implementing policies on strengthening the Institute’s financial position
- Ensuring existence of effective governance structures through the documentation of policies and procedures
- Developing the Institute’s annual action plans and monitoring the implementation in line with the Institute’s Strategic Plan
- Implementing and monitoring the ICT strategy
- Working closely with internal audit department in ensuring sound risk management framework
- Monitoring and evaluating staff performance in the Finance and Strategy Division against the strategic goals.
- Coordinating the Finance, ICT and facilities Functions
- Financial modeling and analysis.
- Providing leadership in cash flow management and treasury duties.
- Ensuring preparation and presentation of periodic financial statements of the Institute
- Ensuring timely production and delivery of statutory and internal financial reports / information to key stakeholders such as Management, Council, regulators and members.
- Any other relevant and applicable duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree in Business related field (e.g. Accounting, Finance, Strategy, Human Resource, Operations Management or Management Information Systems).
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or other related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) and a member of ICPAK in good standing
- 8 years of experience in a management position in a Finance function with the immediate last five years being a finance manager in a reputable organization.
- Exposure in development, implementation and monitoring of Corporate Strategic Plans
- Experience in leading and managing teams in Finance, (accounting, budgeting, control, and reporting) ICT and facilities operations within a diverse, division-based entity.
- Membership to any other relevant professional body will be an added advantage
- Must be able to demonstrate good planning, organizing and coordinating skills
- Must be computer savvy
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written skills with experience in development of Board papers
- Ability to work effectively under time pressure and constraints
- Drive for results and achievement
- Ability to execute multiple assignments within set deadlines
- Highly motivated, energetic, go getter and a self starter
- Strong negotiation, influencing skills, and ability to persuade people
- Strong analytical skills and experience of interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and an effective communicator at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to work well with financial reporting systems
- Strong management and supervision skills with ability to supervise a diverse group
How to Apply:
If you meet the requirements stipulated, please visit the websitewww.armadacareers.com and click on the job: Chief Manager Finance and Strategy to submit your application, on or before Friday 28th October, 2016.
Applicants who had expressed interest in the earlier advertisement, may also apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The short listed candidates will be required to demonstrate that they satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 during the interview.
ICPAK is an equal opportunity employer.