Senior Accountant Career in KenyaJobs and Careers 03:43
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide daily Cash Collection and analysis reports.
- Stock Control and conducting investigations on variances for both stocks and cash
- Statutory reports and filling on time. V.A.T, PAYE, NSSF, NHIF etc.
- Creditors’ accounts update and control; ensuring that creditors’ reconciliations and payments are done properly including posting of cheques.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses, coordinating the collection, consolidation and evaluation of financial data.
Reporting & Analysis:
- Preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets including. Budget vs. Actual variance reports.
- Monthly preparation of financial statements including Profit and loss, balance sheet, depreciation schedules and loan statements
Audits & Examinations:
- Assist with annual external audit. Complete requested materials. Assist in preparing assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit.
- Assist with testing and receive final approval for system reports required for management, financial reporting and general ledger reconciliations.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
Banking / Cash:
- Bank accounts reconciliations and resolve various issues with bank such as cleared Cheque differences, bank fee anomalies and targeted balance calculations.
- Document policies, SOPs- Standard work procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Any other duties assigned by directors
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- CPA section 5
- Degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university is an added advantage
- Developing budgets and tracking budget expenses
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages and statutory accounting.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Managing processes, management proficiency and coordination department
- Work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership of his / her work.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a senior accounting position preferably in a busy manufacturing.
If you can clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application along with detailed CV stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts to reach: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com