Receptionist Job in Kenya - NGOJobs and Careers 03:30
School of Medicine
Receptionist – Nairobi, Kisii & Migori
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for office support, general administrative and clerical functions including efficient and professional managing of visitors, customers, telephone calls and messages as well as variety of clerical duties and information management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective and efficient management of incoming and outgoing telephone calls / messages;
- Receiving and recording parcels to facilitate communication;
- Receiving and directing visitors to the respective officers/offices to maintain order;
- Effective management of telephone calls to facilitate cost control;
- Ensuring that the front office area is clean and tidy;
- Ensuring that the telephone numbers and extensions are all working and report any faulty lines to the relevant department; and
- Ensuring timely opening and closing of the main office doors and safe custody of the keys.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines; Human Resource Management, Secretarial Studies, Public Relations or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Proven work experience of at least one (1) year in a related field;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) grade ‘C’ plain and above; and
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- Be good at networking.
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.