Program Manager Job in Nairobi, Kenya (140K) - NENJobs and Careers 10:22
Our client, a global organisation with its inception in the USA and with a primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies is looking to fill the position of Program Manager, National Entrepreneurship Network for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate MUST have experience interfacing with entrepreneurial ecosystem, higher educational institutes, and government departments and also have experience in a start-up, small business, as a mentor or coach to start-ups.
- Project Management of the National Entrepreneurship Network Program.
- Scope the Entrepreneurship and SME development stakeholders and framework in the country.
- Responsible for developing and managing the NEN institutions and other partner organisations.
- Initiate and lead collaborations, networking and training programs on ground.
- Identify and develop local resource teams including key faculty, mentors and entrepreneurs.
- Catalyse interest in entrepreneurship amongst students on campuses.
- Work with central team in mapping the market training needs and help implement programs on ground.
- Identify and enrol high potential start-up entrepreneurs and SMEs for different kinds of programs.
- Deploy the NEN service offerings intelligently to the respective target customers in each region.
- Identify high potential start-up entrepreneurs in the region.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Business, Social Work or other equivalent degree.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years with at least 3 years in roles leading projects and people.
- Must have 10 years of work experience with 3-5 year as an entrepreneur or at a high-growth start-up.
- MUST have experience interfacing with Entrepreneurial ecosystem and higher educational institutes.
- MUST have experience interfacing with government departments.
- Ability to deploy training programs, monitor effective program implementation and provide feedback.
- Ability to strategically interface with academic institutes and ecosystem partners.
- Worked in vocational training and skilling sector;
- Must have mastery of MS Office and e-learning tools.
- Worked in vocational training and skilling sector is desirable.
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 140,000 /= (Approx. 1,400 USD) depending on skills and experience
Deadline: 10th October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.