Job Opportunities in a Golf Club in KenyaJobs and Careers 02:53
Our client is an exclusive member only golf club looking to hire a General Manager and a Human Resource Manager.
Summary: This role provides leadership and management to the entire institution, implements the boards strategy and provides recommendations and advice to the board or its appointed committee’s.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the club operations are financially sustainable
- Enforce internal controls to safeguard club’s asset and resources
- Ensure that the club operates at positive cash flow at all times
- Maintain strong relationships with financial institutions, suppliers and other stakeholders
Golf and Course
- Overseeing implementation of the Golf and course master plan
- Promote the club as a premier golf destination
- Develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential corporate partners
- Develop and implement plans to ensure the club dominance of amateur golf in East & Central Africa
- Work closely with, and implement decisions of the membership committee in respect of new and existing members
- Models and reinforces “ACE Service absolutes”, by acknowledging, greeting and thanking all members and their guests
Communication, Marketing and Events
- Ensure constant and professional internal communication to members to keep them updated about the club.
- Create a calendar of events for the members. There should be at least 4 non golf related events per month. These should be marketed and communicated effectively to members.
- Ensure external events are run efficiently (weddings, conferences, corporate days etc..)
Bar Catering and Service
- Maintains and Grows membership and customer patronage by improving the levels of service and quality of food, beverages and product offering.
- Monitoring inventory levels for Food and Beverage and ensuring wastage is minimized
- Expanding sales by initiating and monitoring effectiveness of monthly promotions, demand management and implementing demand management strategies
- Focus on revolutionizing service levels of all areas of the club.
Human Resource Manager
Summary: Reporting to the General Manager the jobholder is responsible for coordinating recruitment, staff, and welfare and employee relations and advising on the general human resource practice at the club
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Human Resources Function
- Liaise with the General Manager on available job opportunities and prepare recruitment programme for sourcing of required personnel that are needed to support the functions at the club from time to time.
- Coordinate processing of health certificates for all catering staff engaged at the club on permanent, contract and day workers.
- Preparing correspondences and bulletin for staff information for the signature on the General Manager in compliance with Employment Act 2007 and any applicable Employment laws from time to time
- Maintaining policy files by filling letters, memos & any correspondences received from various stakeholders
- Manage employees attendance, leaves schedules and medical scheme
- Providing Secretarial Support to Staff & Members Welfare Sub Committee from time to time
- Admission of new members and coordinating with membership committee for balloting.
- Informing the members whose accounts are Over-limit, Stop Services and Preparation of Demand Letter to posted members.
- The job holder deals with Human Resources-staff and membership and CSR matters
- Participate in Stakeholders & CSR Meeting and advising the General Manager on issues relating to Human Resources.
- At least 4-5 years’ experience handling general HR practice and Employee Relations
- Diploma/Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Full Member of IHRM.
- Basic Accounting Knowledge
How to Apply:
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and /or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CVs, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number, current and expected remuneration and email address to the address indicated below. Subject of the email should read: GENERAL MANAGER APPLICATION or HR MANAGER APPLICATION.