Field Managers Jobs in KenyaJobs and Careers 10:26
Kenya Water Services Trust Fund (KWSTF)
Position: Associate Field Manager
Deadline to Apply: 14th September 2016
Start Date: 3rd October 2016
Location: Based Embu and Nakuru
Reporting to: Research Associate
Length of Commitment: 2 months
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
About Innovations for Poverty Action: Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is an international non-profit research organization dedicated to discovering and promoting effective solutions to global poverty problems.
IPA works in partnership with development partners and academic researchers to create and evaluate approaches potential solutions to poverty problems using randomized evaluations in the fields of health, education, microfinance, governance and agriculture.
We also mobilize and support these decision makers to use these solutions to build better programs and policies at scale.
About the project: As part of the Kenya Water Services Trust Fund’s mission to provide water and sanitation services to the poor, the WSTF partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to scale-up their services for the urban informal settlement populations across Kenya.
Under this partnership, the WSTF with funding from the Gates Foundation, provided subsidies to landlords living in urban areas across the country to construct toilets.
IPA has since been contracted by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to independently verify specific indicators related to the WSTF project.
A representative sample of all households that have received a toilet will be visited to verify these indicators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prompt arrival to work.
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in timely manner.
- Interact with community members in the highest level of respect and understanding.
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Successfully complete all tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- Knowledge of assigned task and delivery as according to SOP.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Team player- Interacts well with colleagues and offers support in the field and in the office.
- Responsible- takes up responsibility, shows initiative in solving issues and report s challenges to supervisor.
- Supervise field staff in conducting surveys to ensure the SOP is adhered to and reporting to the Research Associate.
- Support the Research Associate in providing feedback to field officers regarding their performance and looking for ways to improve their morale.
- Support the Research Associate in logistics, imprest, debriefs and ensure proper storage and handling of field equipment such as tablets etc.
- Support the Research Associate in uploading new forms to electronic devices as well as ensure all completed surveys are uploaded to the server at the end of the day.
- Responsible for ensuring that all field staff carry updated documents to the field along with everything on the Survey Checklist.
- Ensure all data forms have been filled correctly every day at the end of the day by the field officers before submitting to the research associate.
- Do spot-checks, accompanied interviews and back-checks as required by the RA.
- Act as focal person for their respective locations, ensuring regular staff attendance in those locations.
- A Bachelor’s degree or college diploma with 3 years’ experience.
- Excellent organizational skills, able to work independently with minimum supervision and a team player.
- Should be a person of high integrity.
- Supervisory and management experience related to field work, data collection especially through survey CTO and data management.
To Apply: Click here: https://poverty-action.formstack.com/forms/afm_kwstfDisclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Associate Field Manager – Kenya Water Services Trust Fund - KWSTF. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant.