Administrative Officer Job in Kenya - NGOJobs and Careers 03:25
School of Medicine
Administrative Officer – Kisii, Migori & Nairobi
Under the supervision of HR & ADMIN Manager, the Admin officer will maintain office systems, ensure organizational support and effectiveness by providing support on general office administration.
This position will supervise Receptionist, drivers and subcontracted cleaning personnel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the front office, work stations, common areas, etc. are maintained, kept clean and tidy;
- Acquire and delineate organized storage space and compartments as necessary for all staff and programs;
- Manage booking of conference and meeting rooms and ensure the rooms are ready before scheduled use;
- Managing the office store, issuance of supplies to staff members and all the sites that are supported by the office.
- Allocate work related tools to staff (phones, computers, desks, stationery) as appropriate to all staff.
- Manage office customer care, office bills payments and staff credit allocations. Receive visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate departments or staff members.
- Receive and forward all utility bills to procurement for payment processing.
- Responsible for external dispatch and delivery of mails and parcels.
- Maintain a routinely updated register of all fixed assets and consumables.
- Maintain supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing orders and verifying receipts.
- Adopt and ensure use of acceptable standards and tools for inventory management including asset registers, goods received/dispatch notes, bin cards and goods movement forms; and
- Receive and tag all items delivered to MGIC and maintain an orderly system of goods storage.
- Maintain delivery notes/Goods Received register for all supplies received and delivered to the programs.
- Advice the procurement department on quantities of items in the store and prepare a monthly report reflecting stocks purchased, distributed and replenished.
- Oversee the cleaning and tidiness of the office, repair works and ensure that all furniture is in good condition;
- Liaise with procurement to assist in air ticket bookings and accommodation.
- Receive visitors, answer telephones and transfer calls to the appropriate department or staff member.
- Bachelor’s degree in a Business Administration related field
- Five (5) years’ work experience in office administration.
- Past experience supervisory experience a must.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work under pressure
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by September 16, 2016.
Candidates are required to quote the TITLE & LOCATION of the position being applied on the subject line of the email.
Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.