Accountant Job in Nairobi, Kenya (150K)Jobs and Careers 10:24
Our client, one of East Africa’s Insurance Brokerages built upon a clear understanding of the fundamental need of Kenyans, from all walks of life, to have financial protection and investment opportunities is looking to fill the position of an Accountant for their offices based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The successful candidate MUST have advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quick-books and Spread Sheets.
- Post financial data to appropriate accounts in an automated accounting system.
- Enter, update, and /or retrieve accounting data from automated systems.
- Verify accounting journals and ledgers and other financial records.
- Submit relevant withholding and VAT payments to Kenya Revenue Authority..
- Monitor customer accounts for non-payment and delayed payments.
- Assist in month end reporting procedures.
- Prepare and process employee expense reports.
- Design, prepare, and maintain accounting and finance Spread Sheets.
- Review new procedures, manuals, and system enhancements and suggest revisions.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in accounting or finance department.
- Must have undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or equivalent.
- Must be a CPA (K).
- Advanced proficiency in accounting software tools, including Quick-books and Spread Sheets.
- Ability to understand and apply current accounting guidelines.
- Ability to conduct system and policy updates.
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and collaborative nature.
- Ability and drive to work independently and solution oriented.
- Ability to determine work priorities, make decisions and take appropriate actions.
- Ability to meet schedules and deadlines of the work area.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Preferred Age 28- 35 Years
Monthly gross salary: Ksh. 100,000 - 150,000/= (Approx. 1,000 – 1,500 USD) depending on skills and experience
Deadline: 10th October 2016
To apply, please follow the link:
Summit Recruitment & Search,
Blixen Court, Karen Road,
We endeavour to make contact with all of our applicants, but unfortunately high volumes of applications make this unrealistic. If you do not hear from us within two weeks your application has not been successful on this occasion. This does not mean you will not be considered for future roles so please keep an eye on our job board and apply for positions that match your skills and experience.