UHURU/ RUTO name their second batch of CABINET nominees - NGILU and BALALA IN!Politics 02:38
Thursday April 25, 2013 - President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Deputy William Ruto have today unveiled their second batch of their Cabinet secretary nominees, which consisted of technocrats from the corporate world and their close political confidantes.
Below is a list of individuals who have been nominated as Cabinet Secretaries in Uhuru/Ruto administration this Thursday morning.
1. Anne Waiguru - Ministry of Devolution and Planning.
2. Ambassador Rachael Omamo - Ministry of Defence
3. Engineer Samuel Kamau - Transport and Infrastructure which will have the Department of Transport Services and the Department of Infrastructure.
4. Prof Judy Wahungu - Environment, Water and Natural Resource
5. Davis Chirchir - Energy and Petroleum
6. Najib Balala - Mining.
7. Prof Jacob Kaimenyi - Education which will have the Department of Education and Department of Science and Technology
8. Charity Ngilu - Land, Housing and Urban Development
9. Dr Hassan Wario - Sports, Culture and the Arts
10. Felis Kiptarus Kosgei - Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries under which are the Department of Agriculture, Department of Livestock and Department of Fisheries
11. Adan Mohammed - Industrialization and Enterprise Development
12. Mrs Chepkosgei Kandie - Commerce and Tourism which has the Department of Commerce and Department of Tourism
13. Francis Kimemia - Head of the Public Service and Secretary to the Cabinet.
14. Lawrence Lenayapa – State House comptoroller
On Tuesday, Uhuru and Ruto named their first batch of nominees for Cabinet secretaries who consisted of renowned technocrats and diplomats.
Among those who were named is, Ambassador Amina Mohammed to Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Henry Rotich to The National Treasury, James Wainaina Macharia to Ministry of Health and Dr Fred Keno Matangi for Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
The Kenyan DAILY POST