DEATH THREATS to KTN’s MUHAMMED ALI and JOHN ALLAN NAMU …. SHOLLEI writes to KIMAIYONews 05:09
Tuesday April 23, 2013 - Standard Group CEO, Sam Shollei, has written to the Inspector General of Police David Kimaiyo regarding the alleged death threats to investigative journalists Muhammed Ali and John Allan Namu.
Shollei said the two journalists behind the Jicho Pevu Expose, have been receiving threats on their lives since they released an expose on the death of former Internal Security Minister Prof George Saitoti and his assistant Joshua Orwa Ojode.
“We believe these threats are aimed at intimidating and silencing our journalists and this media house from reporting on matters of public interest which is our duty as is enshrined in the constitutituion,” Shollei said in the letter.
“The Standard Group takes these threats seriously and would like to ask your office to investigate them and to take action,”he added
He also urged the police boss to assure the Standard Group that no harm will befall the journalists at the hands of law enforcement officers or any other person.
The two journalists ran an episode last week that showed a Government hand in the death of Saitoti and Ojode.
The two are currently living in safe house outside Nairobi to prevent them from being killed by state operatives.
The Kenyan DAILY POST