Recruitment at KSAJobs and Careers 01:47
KSA (Kenya Scouts Association) is an educational movement for young people that is a voluntary, non-political and open to all.
KSA is a registered member of the World Organization of the Scouts Movement (WOSM).
Our mission is to contribute to the education of young people through a value system based on the Scout Law and Promise, to help build a better world where people are self-fulfilled as individuals and play a constructive role in the society. KSA seeks talent to fill the following position
National Executive Commissioner / CEO
Reporting to the Chief Commissioner, and working in close consultation with the Management Committee, the post holder serves as the principal liaison between the secretariat and the volunteers.
In line with the KSA constitution, the candidate will be expected to perform the following duties,
- Manage and direct the affairs of the KSA secretariat in its role of coordinating Scouting at the national level.
- Team leader for the KSA secretariat
- Oversee the day to day operations of the KSA
- Lead the secretariat in the implementation of the KSA strategic plan
- Ensure that the organization is consistently and positively presented to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the financial well being of the organization and adherence to statutory obligations
- Collect and collate reports as prepared by various committees for presentation to the Management Committee, National Executive Committee and the Governing Council.
Essential Skills, Knowledge, Competencies and Experience
- A relevant university degree or equivalent
- At least five years of proven managerial ability at senior level in a reputable organization with adequate exposure in corporate governance, strategic planning, financial management, coaching, administration, negotiation and marketing.
- Experience in creating and managing sustainable models for non governmental, non profit and/or voluntary organizations.
- Experience in project proposal writing , organizing national and international events and handling large donor funded projects is essential.
- Must be conversant with diplomatic protocol and etiquette in international relations are essential.
- Should have the ability and competence to deal with a complex organization and governance structure made up of professionals and a large volunteer structure, at the largest youth movement in the country
- International working exposure will be an added advantage
- He or she should be well versed with the principles & fundamentals of Scouting
- Should have excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a team player
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Must be over 30 years of age at the date of application
- Must be of impeccable integrity and must respect the values and tenets of Scouting
The Accountant will report to the National Executive Commissioner and the National Treasurer.
The overall responsibility of the candidate will be to maintain financial and accounting services for KSA.
To ensure that internal and external financial and accounting requirements are met in accordance with KSA’s and partners’ procedures and standards.
- Implement policies and procedures as outlined in KSA’S Financial, Procurement, Personnel and Administration manuals.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Develop and maintain systems of internal control.
- Manage the maintenance of accounting systems, data and the presentation of financial data for both internal managerial purpose and external reporting requirements.
- Manage the Association ERP System in liaison with line staff
- Manage monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts and general ledger balance sheet items to the trial balance.
- Supervise and Coordinate the work of departmental staff
- Ensure timely processing of monthly payroll.
- Prepare and make timely submission of statutory and non- statutory payments such as Income taxes, NSSF, NHIF and pensions.
- Ensure that related records are maintained.
- Manage the Association’s Revenue Centers and Funded Projects
- Prepare monthly reports on accounts receivables and assist in timely collection of any outstandings.
- Ensure that systems are in place so that information regarding administrative issues such as contracts and agreements are readily available to management.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the management.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
- Should have a professional qualification on accounting - at least CPA II or its equivalent. Knowledge of business and management would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to build personal relationships with staff, partners and leaders at all levels.
- Should have strong public relations, communication, negotiation, administration, computer and IT skills.
- At least five years in a similar position preferably in a Non Profit Making Environment.
Resource Mobilisation & Partnership Executive
Reporting to the National Executive Commissioner, the post holder will be the liaison for the Resource mobilization and partnerships committee.
- Liaise with other executives to identify partnership opportunities aligned to the KSA strategic plan
- Maintain relationships with development partners
- Identify new partnership opportunities in line with the mission and vision of the organization
- Project proposal writing and project management
- University degree or its equivalent in project management or a related field
- Ability to coordinate projects
- Ability to develop and write project proposals.
- Ability to network and source for partners
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position
- Good understanding of Scouting.
How to apply
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications, indicating their expected remuneration, latest CV, day time telephone number, copies of relevant credentials and details of three referees.
All applications to be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
So as to be received by the undersigned on or before 29th December, 2012
The Chair, Management Committee
Kenya Scouts Association, Nairobi
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Kenya Scouts Association is an equal opportunities employer